Well, It’s February. I don’t know how that happened. Well, I guess I do- January was a whirlwind. We went on a trip to France, the kids and I traveled to DC, and I caught the flu.
A full month has passed since I dreamed up big new years resolutions, and I am happy to report, a month later, that I have been keeping them.
My goal this year is to be a happier, healthier ME. Its time to re-claim my life. My smaller goals include traveling more, reading more, and being more purposeful about the things I do. Here are the things I accomplished on my way to this goal:
1. The Absolutist, John Boyne
2. Beloved, Toni Morrison
3. Cat’s Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
4. A Doll’s House, Henrik Ibsen
5. Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen
I also started and will be finishing soon (which are not in alphabetical order, but what can I say, I’m easily distracted!):
Slaughterhouse 5, Kurt Vonnegut
The Book Theif, Markus Zusak
Desperate, Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe, Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson
1. Belgium and France (Ieper, Flanders Region, Lille, Sedan)
2. Washington DC
3. Ancient Shipbuilding Museum, Mainz
A picture my loving son took of me today. I think he did a great job!
Things I did for me:
1. Blogged almost daily.
2. Stood up for myself even when it was hard (long story)
3. Enjoyed a ladies night with the wonderful women from the unit spouses group
4. Started the Insanity workout program with my Hubby
All in all, I feel like I’ve done a great job at TRYING to keep my resolutions! Here’s to hoping I can keep it all up in February!