Today’s guest post is by Amy, an old friend from our days stationed in Germany, and one of the most beautiful Momma’s I know (inside and out!). Enjoy her recipes, and stop by to visit her blog!
Busy moms and dads, this post is for you!! If your weekdays are anything like mine, you absolutely rely on the pure magic of a slow cooker. I actually call it the easy button. Because let’s face it, anything that gets thrown in the slow cooker is easy. Even as a food blogger who loves to spend time in the kitchen, this mom does not have the time (or energy) for hours, or even 30 minutes of cooking. But I always have time to throw things together in my slow cooker! No scrambling around after getting home from soccer practice trying to cook a quick meal; it’s already done for you!!
These 10 super simple meals save me both time and money. I can avoid take-out or fast food by doing some simple meal planning in advance. And honestly, this collection of recipes is WAY better than any takeout!! I’ve made a collection of 10 of my family’s favorite recipes. Mostly healthy, but more importantly, husband and kid approved!!
Just go give you an idea, we love taco night, Asian food, and my kids will never turn down anything with pasta. When all else fails, add cheese. Unless it’s Asian, then cheese is weird. One of my kids is not the biggest fan of soup, so I just cut back on the liquid and he doesn’t notice. You can always wrap anything in pita bread or a tortilla too, and call it taco night. Yes, even Asian food. Lentil tacos, anyone??
1. Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chicken — Chicken slow cooked in a delicious peanut sauce that is slightly sweet, salty, and a little tangy. Serve with your favorite vegetable over a bed of rice for a complete meal! This may be my kids’ absolute favorite crockpot meal.
2. Easy Crockpot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Chili — You can never go wrong with Mexican in my house. And like I said, wrap anything in a tortilla and call it a taco. I personally love this over a bed of greens and loaded with fixins!!
3. Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup — I love lasagna, but I don’t love how time consuming it can be. Not with this recipe!! This has all the same great taste as lasagna, but without the hassle.
4. Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken — All the same great taste of take out Chinese food, but so much healthier! Serve over a bed of rice for a complete meal.
5. Crockpot Red Lentil Curry — This just might be my kids’ second favorite on this list. A perfect dish for meatless Monday that packs in flavor and protein!
6. Slow Cooker Sausage, Kale, and Tortellini Soup — A complete meal that is everything you want in a soup. Flavorful, perfect texture, filling, and just delicious! Bonus is that it makes such a huge pot you will probably have plenty of leftovers.
7. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies — Best part about this recipe is that you can pick your favorite vegetables, or only serve those veggies that your kids love. Who doesn’t love honey and garlic?!?!
8. Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli — Another delicious slow cooker recipe that is WAY better than takeout!!
9. Slow Cooker Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tacos — My family’s absolute FAVORITE way to eat tacos. And we taco: All. The. Time. This one is our winner winner chicken taco dinner!!
10. Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup — An Olive Garden copycat recipe that is sure to please!! Now we just need to find a recipe for those breadsticks……..
Amy Rains is a food blogger, recipe developer, and photographer at Wholesomelicious. As a nutritionist and busy mom of 2, she is constantly creating new recipes and creative meal plans that are kid friendly. You can visit her blog to get her weekly meal plans for free. Winter days, a yoga mat, baseball, and a cup of tea are a few of her favorite things! Follow Wholesomelicious on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook!